"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation 2009


It FINALLY happened. I am officially an ASU graduate! And-much to my suprise-found out that I actually graduated with honors (I thought I lost it by .01) or Magna Cum-laude! It was such a treat to find that out after I had accepted that I got a 3.59. I was proud of myself for it but it wasn't honors for my resume.
Anyway, it was a VERY family filled week. I was so thankful to have so much family celebrating with me. Thank you to all that came! It really made me feel special.

We are still recovering from the busy weekend.
Many of you know that I was counting down to graduation for my telescope...well after 6 years I finally got it...and it's been too cloudy and bright to see stars...grr! but I still have it and it's BEAUTIFUL-I LOVE IT! It's definately coming with me to ABQ for the family reunion!



The other AWESOME gift (among many-thank you!) is my beautiful and SO NICE (so nice that I want to frame it because I've never had anything so fancy) COACH purse! Jess gave it to me. The funny story is that I have never really been a purse person until my sister Keri got me into it. I bought a green one a while ago but I've been contemplating buying a new one for the last month..so with my graduation money I splerged and bought me one...the same day that my gift from Jess came in the mail. It was such coincidence but of course I am taking back the other...check out my new purse...



I also received a picture frame to put my diploma in and beautiful flowers. My sweet husband really was thoughtful and got me flowers at the graduation and then had bought me sparkling cider to celebrate afterwards (that never happens because he hates sparkling cider) and I finally got to use my new rich glasses! I love you babe! Thank you for emotionally, financially, and sometimes physically supporting me through my schooling. I only hope I can return the favor someday.

Thank you to EVERYONE!! I really felt your love and really appreciated everyone and what they did.

Now on to the real world...

6 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belkycita said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
We are so proud of you! bring the telescope, maybe David can use some of his knowledge in Astrophysics :-)
You made Kate Kate!!!
We love and can't wait to see you and celebrate with you!

Chantel said...

Congrats!! You've worked so hard for this big day. So what are you going to do now? After school for so long, it will probably be weird to not have to worry about schooling anymore. What an amazing accomplishment. Now go celebrate!!

Meg said...

Oh my goodness, that's so exciting! I hope someday I can visit you and see your telescope- and that beautiful purse! Love love love you big sis!

keri said...

Congrats again sis. And make sure you bring that purse to the reunion (no promises you will be able to find it come time to return home....)

Annie said...

Congrats! I still have yet to get a designer purse and I want one so bad. I am glad it was so fun.