"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Monday, June 14, 2010

You Can't Make Me...As the Eyes Droop

We were lucky with Audrey...She would take all her naps in the day, play in the morning and afternoon, fussy from 7-9 pm and then sleep from 9pm-5am, feed and then sleep until 9am. Easy baby...so I thought.

The last few days have taught me otherwise (even though she still is easier than my brother and sister's kids). She would REFUSE to take only one-maybe two naps in the daytime, sleep from 7pm-9pm and then decide that it was time to play until midnight...and then last night happened...

...only one nap in the morning, fussed all day just wanting to be held, and then (thinking she will pass out from being SO tired) she REFUSED again to relax and close her eyes! Lyle and I tried everything and she would start to close the eyes and would realize she was giving in and would wake up. We finally resorted to the wonderful VACUUM, that once it was turned on, made her pass out in seconds. Ugh! I guess I'll be doing my cleaning in the evenings now.

She lately refuses sleep so much that she will not NOT NOT lay down. So I will hold her sitting up and talk to her and because she is SO tired, she will start to droop with the body and the eyes and eventually after many attempts to stay awake, she will fall asleep like this...





And then she's down for the count.

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Does she have acid reflux or maybe even ear infection? That would make sense for the not wanting to be laid down and held all the time...just a thought.

Unknown said...

I get that it's frustrating for you, but those pics are SO cute.