"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Monday, December 15, 2008

I get the hint...nice try!



It's pretty bad when you get for Christmas from a friend a bag with a big book of "What to Expect When You're Expecting", a baby giraffe, and a gift card to Lowe's for the baby's nursery....


...and you're not expecting.


Lately, we have been getting so many comments about needing to have kids. Everyone is SO ready for us to have children it's not even funny.
The funny thing is that the only ones that are not ready for us to have kids are the ones that are being asked to produce the kid (a girl to be precise).
So just for the record...no kids until graduation in May...sorry! Talk to someone else...possibly Erin or Andy?
So to all those hopefuls...keep dreaming...the day will come...and no sooner even if you give us a bag full of baby goodies. Thanks anyways! Merry Christmas to you too! :)


Here's some of the interesting comments we have gotten:

Annonymous: Katy, why aren't you pregnant?

Katy: I still need to finish school.

Annonymous: Who cares about school! You need to be pregnant!


Annonymous person (while holding a 6 mth old and directed to Lyle): Doesn't this look so right? Wouldn't your wife look so good with this?


Katy: Guess what (excited about finishing the semester)!
Annonymous: You're pregnant?!
Annonymous(different conversation): We're tired of making scrapbooks for boys. You need to have a girl!


Yep...everyday, everyday! :)

7 comments:

Candace said...

I honestly don't EVER ask people "the question"....just cause....IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS. AT ALL. And what if someone IS trying to have a baby but it's just not working out and they aren't comfortable talking about it?? Of what if they just aren't ready?

NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

So you won't hear ANY of that from me. Promise. :)

Jenifer said...

I remember going through this after we were married. It's your turn now. ;o)

Parrish Family said...

Suck it up and stop trying to lay the responsibility on Andy and me. If you have forgotten we have already produced 3 grandkids for mom and dad. your turn, just take your time. I don't think Andy or I are in a rush for another.

Meg said...

Girl, I am so in your shoes! I hear ya sista!

Jared and Jennifer said...

Ha, it is sad but true...the count down in on when you get married and "the question" begins! The only thing worse is when you show up for the first time after a few weeks of sleep deprivation with a tiny little bundle of joy and someone has the nerve to ask you when you are planning your next one!!! I remember thinking "what next one...I'm not going through that again...no, there won't be a next one...but thanks for asking!" I promise, I won't ask either!

keri said...

Yea, well deal with it. I will continue to ask "The Question" every time I talk to you. After all, it is my right as your sister (see sisterly contract pg. 165, article XVI, sub-article 2 (older siblings may bug, annoy, and otherwise drive younger siblings nuts and there is nothing the younger siblings can do about it!).
So, while we are on the subject, Are you pregnant yet?????????????

HeatherPeine said...

Katy..... oh I remember this!!!! It was even worse when I was trying to get pregnant! WE love you and take all the time you want!!!!