"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Sunday, November 30, 2008

'Tis the Season and More


Norma, Dave and Wes drove to Phoenix for this Thanksgiving. It was so nice to NOT have to pack and drive...just relax. It was fun! We all pitched in on Saturday and put up the Christmas lights outside (thanks guys!) and then that night (I couldn't sleep) I decorated inside so here's the pics... I love having a house! It's so much fun!

Instead of buying a $15 wreath that didn't look all that great, Norma and I made this one for cheaper!

Our tree-I wanted it in front of the window, but it was too crowded so I settled for here. It looks good there still! See all the gifts already? Yes, Keri and Erin, there's one already under there for you guys! And Cole of course!


I love decorating the top of this! (No, Mom, you still can't have it!) :)

Our beautiful house!! I love it!!!


Of course there is a price to pay for such a beautiful house...I kicked the brick with my bare big toe and cut the top and the nail past the quick. OUCH! Thanks mom for that talent! :)




On another note, my wonderful husband put MANY hours into refurbishing a table and chair set that we found a while back at a garage sale...now it's GORGEOUS!!

Old table

New beautiful, good as new table and chairs.

4 comments:

nanajo said...

WOW, Lyle! you did a gorgeous job on that table!

Katy, Your house looks really neat! It is so fun to watch you enjoy having your own home.

blaine and michelle said...

Everything looks great!

keri said...

That table really does look great! So, Lyle do you want to do my table now???? I mean you are pro.

Also the house looks so nice. Can't wait to see you soon, and of course to see my present!!!!

Kelly said...

wow Katy, your lights and dining room table look so awesome! ... your lights are tasteful and festive, just perfect!