"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Friday, September 18, 2009

These days...

I LOVE fall...especially in Albuquerque. This is one of the times of year that I wish I still lived there because I love the smell, the color of the leaves, the rodeo, state fair, balloon fiesta, and my mom's decorating of her house with the villages and other things. I just LOVE it and wish I could be there! Still, even though Phoenix is still in the 100s (we're almost out) and the leaves are behind in changing, it feels like fall and I LOVE it! I love being able to cuddle in a blanket on the sofa, cuddle because Lyle is cold too!, drink hot chocolate, AND also decorate! My favorite two holidays and the only two that I decorate the house for is Halloween and Christmas. I just can't wait for October AND for my package of new decorations, I bought them (Jen know's the place and Mom has also been a victim!) at a fabulous store in Utah, to arrive. It all makes me giddy and wanting to decorate now! But I will wait a little bit longer. :) I just love the feeling!

I also figured that since I haven't posted about my wonderful trip to Utah, I'd share some stories from it. I'll post pictures later. I've been kinda lazy with that lately since I can't seem to kick this sickness.

We just LOVED playing with Cole! He is the cutest thing ever! We had been there for an hour or so when I went into Cole's room to see how Erin decorated it. She was in the other room and so I decided to call for her. I yelled "ERIN!" and not remember that there was a copy cat next to me, Cole yelled "ERIN!". In the other room I hear from Erin "Excuse me?!" I quickly corrected myself with "MOM!" and Cole followed suit. From then on I watched my mouth around him.

We went to church with them and Cole's really good friend, Ethan, sat across from us. As soon as the closing Amen was said, Cole (still stuck in the pew) called out "ETHAN!" and Ethan replied, "COLE!". Later, after church, we were heading out when Cole noticed a girl friend a ways down the hall. He proceeded to yell "I'M COMING! I'M COMING!" He is such a socialite!

Cole has definately gotten his mom's attitude! While we were sitting in the family room, I was waiting for Cole to come sit with me so we could read a story. He was standing in front of the tv and started playing with the VCR when I said "Cole, come read with me!". With one finger pointed in my direction, "JUST ONE MINUTE!"...and again, "JUST ONE MINUTE, KATY. WAIT!" He kept saying it with attitude until I finally convinced him to come play with me. :)

Enough of Cole. Erin and I went one morning to the amazing store (previously mention...I can't remember the exact name...Tao Pai...Oh I don't know) and Erin decided to have me push her around in a wheelchair so we could stay longer. She told me it's not that hard because Cole pushed her all the time and so I proceeded to push her first for a stop to the bathroom in the back. Let's just say by the time we got to the bathroom I was convinced that all that working out had done nothing for me because I was already winded and sweaty! Yikes! AND Cole could push her and have no problem?! What does that say about me?! So we went to the bathroom and after I came out, I was getting a drink and catching my breath trying to figure how I was going to make the whole store and I thought to ask Erin if she had taken off the brakes. She looked and realized the brakes had been on the whole time! No wonder Cole could push her around! She was nice enough to take the brake off for him! :)I felt better after that and we actually spent a while there and found many fun decorations for my house.

We had such a great time in Utah! Time with Cole, my sister, Lyle had much needed guy time with Bret, we all took a beautiful drive in the back country, and even got to see my grandpa Jack (I haven't seen him in 8 years). It was such a great time! Thanks Erin and Bret!

Other than that, life has been pretty eventless. Like I said, Lyle and I have been trying to get over these really bad allergies and so lately we have just been staying home and watching movies. It's been nice (aside from the sick part). Sunday is the Primary Program (this is our one year marker for being in primary) and then in two weeks we are looking forward to the Hanchett Family Reunion! Can't wait! Just staying busy and relaxing until then!

1 comment:

keri said...

I want picture of the stuff you got at Tai Pai Trading Co. I love that store! I have to agree I love the fall in ABQ. This is my second one to enjoy since moving here and I am loving every minute of the day.