"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

SURPRISE! --No surprise there!

My boss decided to go out with a bang!
I don't know how much people know about the stress of my boss but she has pretty much made my work life (and sometimes my home life) a living HELL. I would only see her for 20 min a day but in those 20 min she would manage to critique EVERYTHING I do and then give me a list that was forever long of things to do...including lifting 25 + boxes (even though I gave her a dr.s note)-that's just [my boss]. It would literally be -what can she say today? and you would think that she would never do or say anything like that but she would always surprise you with it! I would always fulfill her lists and she would always use my arrangements before hers.
Well, I decided that I had had enough of her walking all over me and her negativity so i out in my two weeks notice. When I went into work Monday, she decided to drop the bomb (in front of the other employee) that she just doesn't want to put up with me anymore and she laid me off.
I'm relieved-surprised-once again-that she would do this to me especially since I never gave her any trouble, but it's over and done with and I actually feel good about it.
Her loss at Christmas time and busy season!

5 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

I'm so glad you don't have to deal with the stress anymore! Enjoy freedom!

Meg said...

Yikes! What a crazy person! I'm so happy that you're out of that situation- and on the positive side I hope you know your arrangements are better than hers anyway. :)

keri said...

Just think of all the experience you got and the amazing arrangements you will have at your house!

~Karen said...

She may have done you a huge favor...being laid off means you are eligible for unemployment benefits!

Rebecca said...

You may also look into "wrongful termination" because you had already put in your two weeks notice before she laid you off. I think you can look that stuff up when you apply for unemployment. Yeah that you don't have to put up with her anymore!!