"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Friday, January 30, 2009

Special Delivery: Smiles



Last Friday I started the awesome job of delivering flowers for Country Blossoms Florist part-time.

Each Friday and Saturday I get to deliver these BEAUTIFUL arrangements to different places like hospitals, funeral homes :(, businesses, and homes. I LOVE the job! I especially enjoy seeing the smiles on people's faces when they open the door to flowers.

The hard part is having a sign at the door with "Do Not Disturb" due to sickness/tradegy or even delivering to a child's funeral. I just want to cry for them and take away the pain they are going thru. Janet made a good point about it...she said that we need to think of it as we are bringing them SOME joy through the flowers...a piece of joy to their day. :)

Did I mention I LOVE my job? Let's just see what I think AFTER Valentines Day. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Belkycita said...

That is AWESOME!!!
the best part.... You don't work at EB!!!

Candace said...

What a COOL job!! I would think that you would RARELY have someone be UNHAPPY to see you, when you're delivering flowers! And even with children's funerals...you are doing a small part in helping them through it all.