"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Can I?



Isn't she ADORABLE?!!!







THIS

VS

THIS


Lyle'n I have been wanting to add a cute puppy chocolate lab to our family for the last six months. We talked about it in July and then realized we didn't have the time to train a puppy so we let the idea go for a while.

Well the other day I drove by a great deal...$400 for a certified, with shots puppy and other added bonuses...this got Lyle hooked and he called but they didn't have a chocolate one...only yellow and black...so here's the delema:


He's now asking "Can I have a puppy?"

Of course I really also want a puppy, but for all those that have been around me in the last year know what I want...

"Can I have a baby?"

So I FINALLY got to babysit sweet Chloe and I LOVED it!! Now I know that this is where the moms kick in and say it's not always happy and sweet like that day...well just to stop you, I had my fair share of crying and whinny and she doesn't want anything...not to be on the floor, not in your lap...exactly on my knee with me bouncing slowly...no other way...so it was not the perfect day, but it really added to my desire for a baby...so now my question is "Can I have a baby?"


We'll see who wins (probably Lyle since I am in the no go zone until at least April-dang!!!)

7 comments:

Jake said...

Hey Girl,

You could get pregnant now and have that baby when you finish class! It is doable. However, at this point at 9 months, if I could do it over, I would probably choose the Dog! :O) Just Kidding!

Parrish Family said...

Dogs are a lot easier to sell if you change your mind... :)

keri said...

I want a niece, not a puppy. Go for the kid!

Belkycita said...

I say go for the baby! if he really wants a dog then he MUST do all the training and such ;-)

Jake said...

Katy-
Maria and I were just talking about you two on the way into work today and it reminded me of something my mission president taught me. He said that there is never a convenient time to do the right thing. Doing the right thing always requires us to be out of our comfort zone just a bit and that is how we grow and progress in this life. There will always be valid excuses to put off having kids whether it is school, work, family etc. The thing is you need to think it over decide what you want to do, counsel with the Lord and do it and it will work out. You and Lyle will be great parents and we are excited for you to expand your family.

-Jake

blaine and michelle said...

A little advice, don't do both. Seriously, I've heard it takes at least two years to train a puppy, and believe me you DON'T want to finally get your baby to sleep and be woken up by the dog. So -- I say, have your babies and then get a dog -- after the kids are past the baby stage. We almost got a dog when I was pregnant with Kimberley, our friends did, and let me tell you I am SOOO glad we didn't. They said having a puppy with kind of like having triplets. Just a thought.

Andrew said...

Nare's right. Dogs are a lot easier to sell, and they're a pretty good equivalent to a two-year old. Except that dogs don't develop the "No-as-the-first-response" syndrome that two year olds do... I kid you not, I have literally held this conversation:

Dad: Micah, do you want to go play with me?
Micah: NO! *pause* Yes!

*sigh*

Love ya,
-drew