"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Christmas in September...

Doug and Brenda had an entertainment center that they needed "stored". They offered it to us and we jumped on the offer. In order to fit it into Lyle's "gameroom" we had to do some arranging so here's how it all turned out. Those that have been in the room know it's long so we decided to put the center against the wall by the door, the fouton is coming out from the wall from the closet doors and the computer is against that-so Lyle has his own little corner now.

This is the entertainment center and the center from the view of Lyle's computer desk.
This is the fouton with the walk way on the right side, and the desk in the corner.
It's a nice set up and makes the room look shorter, but we both like the set up.
Aside from enjoying the fact that the center holds our tv and the videos and makes the room look much more organized, the top of the center has a place to displace collectables.
For those that don't know, I have been wanting a curiocase (sp?) so that my collectibles from childhood (I collected horses, disney characters and other glass figurines) could see the light of day (it's been at least six years).
So having the entertainment center with the display on top allowed me to get out my collectables and now display them!! YAY!

It really was like Christmas morning. I had not seen my collectables in six years (they've all been in boxes tightly packed) and so with each piece I picked up to unwrap brought so much anticipation and exitement and then opening them and seeing them again brought back to many memories that I could FINALLY share with Lyle (he's never seen them-just heard me talk of them). I missed seeing them SO much.
Some memories to point out...
The wood man that dad brought me back from Massachusets...


The sand castle Lyle n I bought on our honeymoon...

My beautiful glass rose Lyle gave for our engaged Valentines-he drove to Cruces just to give it to me...

So many others...each horse I opened reminded me of my family...the love vase from Jill (for our marriage), the unicorn with the water ball from Andy, grandma's beaded doll of me, oh! I just love them ALL!

Lastly...two other things I ran across that I forgot I had...

My "Prince-in-Training" packet that Jen made for me I think it was the year before I met Lyle...he really was in training! :)
And my Eeyore hanging that Karin made for me for Christmas.
I can't even explain to you the joy this all brought to me after such a hard week!

No comments: