"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Garden of Sweat and Blood

We have been trying SO hard to get our garden ready to put in strawberries and other roses, but the area we have been working on...we took a HUGE bush out when we first got our house...then the bush kept coming back...nothing would kill the stupid things...then it got hot and then it rained and was just feeding the leeches!
The other day, I came home to find these tracks...
No, it's not the blond joke where she got ran over a train while she was trying to figure out what tracks they were...deer, bear, car...
It was Lyle with machinery to tear up the yard...so here's what he accomplished...
BeforeAfter! So now it's ready for planting!
ALSO...
I know it's hard to see but the tree trunk in the
corner that we broke Doug's metal lever because the tree branches were SO BIG and IMPOSSIBLE to get out...
It's GONE!!
He also cleaned up around all the trees we planted and put rocks around them...
He really got TONZ accomplished. He took care of what it took us weeks to TRY and get done.
Lastly, proof that things do survive the desert heat...
I love my yard! AND my brilliant husband!

2 comments:

Belkycita said...

Oh my! It looks awesome. I can't believe how good it looks. I want to go visit you.

Ashley said...

Wow! That's awesome! You should see my backyard - we grow weeds, weeds and more weeds. ;)