"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rain, Rain!-Monsoon Season

Arizona has had such hot, dry weather (It's a dry heat!) since mid-May...until last weekend when my family drove in from ABQ with a monsoon season attached. Since then, our monsoon (which apparently doesn't happen 'til end of July and is not so moist like last year) is in full gear and I LOVE this time of year. I remember our first year in Arizona, our bedroom had a sliding door going to a patio. I would wake up early in the mornings to beautiful lightning and thunder and good ole RAIN! Last year, the monsoon hardly occured so I did not get the same joy as the first year. BUT our WET monsoon is here and I'm loving it!! One night the rain was POURING off the house and I caught a view of the water...there was literally a river running in our street.

(Top) Rain coming off the house in the day, (Bottom), rain pouring off the roof (same view) in our first pouring rain storm.



View from our backyard.

Water running off the roof on other side of patio.



I love these next two views. It's from our backyard and captures the left over blue sky (let's chase it!) and the storm clouds taking over.


"Rain drops are falling on my head" (tune)




I LOVE the rain!

Whenever it rained in ABQ we would typically get a huge river running in our street over flowing the gutter. My fam would take off our shoes and stand in the running water. It was always warm and we'd try to get the cars to honk and spray water on us as they passed...so much fun!! Erin and I would also run in the rain on the lawn. Oh! The joys of rain!





I'm singing in the rain! Just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeeeling I'm happy again! Splish, splash, splish, splash!

Just to show how much it really rained in one storm today, here's a news report for the flooding of the major highway by our house...it got shut down it was SO bad...

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepagetopstory/stories/Phoenix_local_news_071308_monsoon-storm.518c8b6b.html

1 comment:

Candace said...

I tagged you on my blog! :)