"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Alaskan Cruise-Day 2-at sea

The second day was all at sea heading to our first port the next day. For most of this day you could only see fog out the window so we mostly walked the decks and played games with the crew.





While we were walking on the top, open deck, the wind was blowing really hard and Lyle lost his hat. Amazingly the tennis court net caught it but we had pretty much signed off of getting it back. When it almost flew over, one of the crew members saw it and said that if it flew into the water then they would have to report it because Alaska is VERY strick on pollution and a small simple hat counts. Crazy!

Surprising enough, the next morning, Marty Maxwell was walking around there and found Lyle's hat on the top deck and returned it to Lyle.

After playing games on this day I got sea sick (it happened to all of us at one point or another) and I went to bed, but the rest of the crew went to a comedian that was really good and they all had a great laugh. I'm sorry I missed him but got to see him again another night.

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

Wow! that is SO crazy!!!
I can't believe he got it back.