"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Alaskan Cruise-Day 5-Sitka, Alaska



This was Sitka. It was my favorite place and where Lyle and I went whale watching. It was such a pretty little town, very quiet and welcoming, but the pictures I got of it got mixed up into Wes' so I will have to continue on and come back to Sitka.

The night after being in Sitka, we were told that we might be able to see the Aurora Borealis. If we could see it, it would be between 11 and midnight and many of the group fell asleep, but Lyle and Grandma and I made it up. We never saw it but what we did see that was cool was another cruise ship all lit up and you could hear the ocean moving below us but couldn't see it and it was pretty un-nerving but this video was pretty cool to get.

No comments: