"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Friday, August 1, 2008

Diagnosis: Van Vleet

Let me explain the title...

Van Vleets are very popular with the unknown/weird/out of the ordinary illnesses/inflictions. Up until recently, I have been lucky enough to be healthy and away from doctors that have no idea what you have...until now.

On Wednesday, i went in for surgery to have a cyst removed. This cyst was one of the things that added me to the Van Vleet...no clue what it is- list...in other words, the-it's there and it's doing you no harm so since we can't figure out what it is, we won't bother-list. FINALLY after MANY doctor visits (different doctor each time), I found one that knew what it was and it needed to be removed. So I went in on Wednesday to get that done. So I'm thinking, yay! It's figured out and I can be removed from the Van Vleet list...

yeah right!

The surgery went well...as well as surgery can go...recovery really being the worst part...

...going in, the diagnosis was "removal of the left vaginal wall Gardner's Duct cyst" (say that three times fast). Coming out, it's unknown because, like a typical Van Vleet, the cyst was not what he expected...name unknown.
PLUS, while I was under, my heart was irregular. So they kept me longer than planned (even though I was ready to walk...RUN out of there myself) and they ran an EKG and took (ANOTHER needle) more blood-from the hand...OUCH! Well, the EKG looked FINE and they tell me that they don't know what's up with my heart and I'll probably get it checked out and it'll be nothing...

so add me to the Van Vleet list AGAIN for unknown diagnosis. I guess I am a true Van Vleet no matter what name follows.

5 comments:

Paul and Kelsie said...

No good! I have that same problem with un-known illnesses and it is no fun! I'm glad you're feeling better though! I love you!

Jake said...

Thanks for dinner the other night. We had a ton of fun and really enjoyed the new card game.

Belkycita said...

Sorry :-(
It does sound normal for you guys.

Rebecca said...

glad to know that Lyle got lucky and found a girl as abnormal as him!

we love you guys!

Meg said...

Ahhh! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so happy right now! YAY!