"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing. ~Toni Morrison, Beloved, 1987
I had an experience this morning that really opened my eyes! I won't go into details, but it really made me realize how much my mother meant to me. Even though I live miles away and I am married to the man of my dreams, I still need my mother. That's why I posted the above quote.
I will always be my mother's baby, and no matter how old or tall I get, and how many times I tell her that I am now 24 years old, and NOT a baby, it never matters to her and honestly, it doesn't matter to me either that I am her 24 year old baby. I am her child and always will be and will always want her a part of my life!
Thank you, mom!

No comments: